Option: Regional subdomains
Instead of having a single website with a very confusing website architecture, you can create subdomains for each specific region. In some cases,
each dedicated subdomain has a region name added to a domain name. It looks like nyc
You can select one of two options to check keyword rankings of the regional subdomains. As an example, we'll use a sitename.com
website with nyc
.sitename.com and baltimore
.sitename.com regional subdomains.
- Create nyc.example.com, baltimore.example.com projects
- Add a search engine in every project, for example, Google.
- Add locations (nyc.example.ru - New York City, baltimore.example.ru - Baltimore).
- Move to the Rank tracker page.
- Press and select an Advanced options tab.
- Select Check subdomains.
To view keyword rankings, pick a project and move to the Rank Tracker page. The tool will check local keyword rankings in separate projects.