There are two ways to check rankings:
- on demand, which means each time you'll have to launch checks manually;
- on schedule, so that they would be checked automatically.
You can schedule rank tracking and reports in each project. Schedule reports, and they will be sent to your teammates and clients automatically.
With a schedule the entire project is checked. It means rankings are checked in all active groups, search engines and locations in the project.
- Go toRank Tracker.
- Clickon the toolbar.
- SelectSchedule in the drop‑down list.
- To schedule rank checking, on the left Track side select On days of week/dates or After Yandex updates and remove unnecessary check dates. By default, all days are selected.
- To schedule reports, on the right Reports side select the days on which reports would be sent and specify an email address. It is recommended to select After rank tracking. This will automatically send the report as soon as we check rankings in the project.
To check how reports would look like, click Test report. A test report will be sent to the e‑mail in the Account Settings.
When you enable automatic tracking by weekday or month, all days are selected by default — they are highlighted. To customize the schedule for multiple days, deselect the days you do not need to check.
I choose On dates and there's an thing. What does it mean?
I set up reports for the last 10 days/month, but the report still comes up with two checks. Why?
Is it possible to add more checks to the automatic report? For example, for the whole month.
- Hover over XLSX or CSV formats.
- Customize the columns for export and click OK.
In Topvisor, updates are registered by our own tool, Updates scanner. There are 3 types of updates in Updates scanner, which are indicated by checkmarks:
- yellow — weak search database update (from 10 to 100 million documents added);
- red — strong search database update (more than 100 million documents added);
- green — changing of SERP, high search volatility.
The database update is an update of the search index database, that is, adding new documents (URLs) to the search index. Not every database update leads to positions change. Therefore, scheduled rank check is triggered only after the update, which is marked by a green checkmark in Updates scanner.
In how many hours after the update is better to check rankings?
Tick the box Do not run scheduled update if rankings were checked on demand less than 12 hours ago to prevent double‑checking. Then, if there is both an update and a schedule check day on the same day, e.g., by day of the week (as a result of changing schedule), the project will not be checked twice.